Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paint-In

The Claresholm Artists and Artisans Club has arranged to rent a hall one Saturday a month so that available and interested members can come together for an afternoon of painting.  Yesterday, seven artists assembled.  While some painters prefer to work independently and simply enjoy the energy in the room, others welcome input and guidance.  I look at this as an opportunity for me to share what I have learned over my many years in front of an easel.

Members Judy and Kari opted to watch my approach of using acrylics thinly on gessoed MDF board and tried their hand at it ... 



Photo credit Judy Dahl

On this winter scene, I used such a lot of water to flood and float the paint that it took a good long time to dry between applications.  So, while we waited I began a quick demo using oils on this little panel ...
 

Photo credit Judy Dahl
To see more photos of the day please click on this link ... 
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=605808&id=715295437&l=fa0e2c531f

No comments:

Post a Comment