Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm in a very reflective mood today. Other mothers have sent sentimental messages that stir tears. First, I want to acknowledge my own Mother, Priscilla Marie (nee MacDonald 1926 - 2003) and thank her now for all I did not while she lived. This photo was taken in July 1950, when I was not quite two ...



For giving me Bill, I thank his Mother, Ann Kennedy (nee Lowe 1926 - 1977). She left us much too soon when she died of MS at 51. Always missed and lovingly remembered. This photo was taken in June 1974 ...





Next, I celebrate the fact that I am a Mother! Fortunate in having two great daughters; Denise (born March, 1975) and Laura (born January, 1978). This photo was taken Christmas Day 1979 ...





Here they are in the summer of 2005 ...




And now, I applaud Denise for being the wonderful Mother that she is. Through Denise and Larry having their precious daughter, Avery Lynn (born October 2008) I am now a Grandmother! This photo was taken this past February, 2010 ...





Both of my girls have phoned, but I won't be seeing them today. They were here last weekend and I'll be with them next weekend in Canmore. That's when I will have my own private Mother's Day time ... once the buffet/brunch crowds have died down!


No comments:

Post a Comment