In an effort to incorporate our own images in mixed media paintings I attempted to teach myself a quick method of making acrylic gel medium transfers. It's darn tricky business. Perhaps I didn't use enough gel medium on the photocopy of my sketch? Maybe too much or too little water and over rigorous rubbing on the back of the photocopy when removing the fibres of the copy's paper? When I kept rubbing off the toner ink too, I gave up!
|Rubbing my fingers raw!|
Yesterday, with my keeners, we each tried to make a gel transfer with the same poor results. If anyone has any insight into gel transfers, I'd love to hear from you!
We promptly abandoned the transfer thing and moved right into playing with acrylics. With no real plan, I flooded the panel with water and began dropping my favourite, hot colours into it. Pushing the wet paint around a pond appeared. The gals followed suit and we all went blindly into the unknown.
|Karen's, Kari's and my finished paintings|
Kudos to both gals. It was a tough challenge which they both rose to and completed great paintings ... Karen's first, ever!