Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pet Portraits


Molly   oil on linen panel 12" x 9"

Although I have painted all sorts of animals in my artistic career, I have never really considered myself to be a dog or cat portrait artist. All the recipients of my animal portraits tell me that I do an uncanny job of capturing the essence of their pets.  Whether the pet is living or not the owners say that the paintings make them cry, which I take as a positive sign! You can see a couple recent commissions here.

Let it be known that I love domestic cats almost as much as I do the wild ones and that I've painted both.

So, in this post, I am publicly hanging out my shingle. If you would like to commission a portrait please contact me at alice@artbysaltiel.com for details. I will consider all requests but if for any reason I don't feel I can do your pet justice I reserve the right to decline. 

3 comments:

  1. You will do pet owners a great service, Alice - thanks for posting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Do you do horses as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much, Winn.
    Yes, I have painted horses and I will do horse portraits.

    ReplyDelete