Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Last Small Works of 2014

As 2014 quickly slips away I want to say that I hope you had a joyful holiday season, to wish each of you a happy and fulfilling 2015 and to also extend my thanks for continuing to read and support my artistic endeavours.


PEACH SPLENDOR   6" x 6" x 2" cradled panel, mixed media, rose painted in oil   SOLD

There are other painters who incorporate sheet music in their work, but I was particularly inspired by this painting ...  


Vicki Ross' WHITE ROSE  Encaustic on paper  7" x 7" 

You can see more of Vicki's art here

Just up the highway from us, a town called Nanton boasts an antique walk. There, in one of the many shops, Bill found an abundance of old sheet music. I was delighted to find that the larger sheets are big enough to completely wrap a 6" x 6" x 2" deep cradled panel. Fixing the sheets to panels with Golden gloss gel medium, I then tint and colour them using acrylic paints. Unable to resist the luminosity that I can achieve with oils, they are what I use to paint the focal points.   


ROSE FLAME   5" x 7" framed panel, mixed media, rose painted in oil    $150.   SOLD 

CHICKADEE SONG II   6" x 6" framed panel, mixed media, bird painted in oil   $150.   SOLD

Thirty years later, I thought I'd bring back for a repeat engagement the same chickadee I painted in 1984. The original oil painting is in the private collection of Ron and Pennie Casey of Canmore, Alberta. From it (back in the 80s) we created a limited edition of 200 photo lithograph prints. The edition has long since been sold out but we do have 4 of the 7 artist's proofs available for sale ($250. each, unframed).

    

 
A couple more of my classic favourites ...


SWEET ANGEL   5" x 7" framed acrylic painted birch panel, iris in oil  $150.  

LAVENDER LOVELY   acrylic 12" x 6" x 2" cradled panel   $275  SOLD

The above is a perfect addition to complete a trio along with these two painted this past summer on panels of the same dimensions ...


The above paintings are available at Sunny Raven Gallery, Canmore

And that folks wraps up the art I produced in 2014!

To enquire about the Chickadee prints or any of the paintings shown here, please
contact me at alice@artbysaltiel.com


10 comments:

  1. I am so in love with these sheet music paintings - they are just glorious! There is something about the combination of music and flowers that just pulls me in every time, and these, like all your paintings, are glowing with inner light. Thanks for the catch-up-on-2014 paintings post, Alice! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Win!
      Truth be told, even though I continue to "play the field" running the gamut of subject matter I always swing back to florals - they have the best of nature's colours! Perhaps they may even "ground" me!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your paintings and reading what you are up to. I agree with Win that the music and the flowers go so well together but the bird works wonderfully too. I look forward to seeing what you do in 2015. - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val. I'm sure there will be more "musical florals" in my 2015. May the year bring happy painting time for you!

      Delete
  3. These are so beautiful Alice. Wishing you a very colourful, creative and joyful year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura!
      May your 2015 be filled with creativity!

      Delete
  4. You do these birds & flowers so beautifully! Integrating the mixed media with your great painting skills!
    Happy New Year! & I hope our paths cross soon!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Meg and a Happy New Year to you and Paul as well. I hope we can see you sometime in the very near future ...

      Delete
  5. Alice, your paintings are exquisite! I feel as though I can smell these they have so much life to them! Outstanding really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to visit her and for the rewarding compliments!

      Delete