Monday, September 5, 2011

FCA 30th Anniversary Show

 
Haiduk Lake and Peak, Banff National Park  2007 oil  28" x 16"  $2750.

During Calgary's famed ART WALK (September 17th and 18th, 2011) the Calgary Chapter of Federation of Canadian Artists is presenting their 30th anniversary exhibition ... see the invitation below. 

The national organization was initiated in 1941.  I joined in 1986 and in 1988 I was the first Calgary Chapter Member to receive the highest level of membership which permitted me to use the initials SFCA after my name.  At the time I was 40 years old (no where near being a senior!) and thought that perhaps they should have used M for master!  I served as the Calgary Chapter president from 1991 to 1993.

Should you be in Calgary and/or plan to take in ART WALK please do stop by to see the FCA exhibition ...




The Calgary Chappter is over 100 members strong and from them approximately 170 paintings with be on display (and for sale) at the Historic Simmons Building in Calgary's East Village ... a diverse and dense urban village ... part of  the city's Rivers District Community Revitalization Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment